The Welcome to Wetherby team was formed in the summer of 2012, with the aim of encouraging visitors to our beautiful town.
There are currently nine Welcome to Wetherby members including representatives of the Town Council, the Old Men's Parliament, local business owners and talented individuals who all want to work for the benefit of their town.
The group has:
- Worked with Action for Market Towns and completed a benchmarking project which analysed basic data on the town.
- Produced a Visitor's Guide for the town, which is now available online. Hard copies are available from the Town Hall foyer, in local businesses and in hotels and guest accommodation.
- Organised a Christmas Window-Dressing competition each year for local traders in conjunction with the Wetherby Business Association.
- Supported and encouraged local independent businesses to participate in the nationwide Independents’ Day.
- Organised and supported the Keep Wetherby Clean and Tidy Campaign, including getting local schools and businesses to sign up to the Charter.
- Put on the 'Tour in the Town' event to celebrate the Tour de Yorkshire coming through Wetherby on 29th April 2017.
Welcome to Wetherby publishes a monthly 'What's On' guide, hard copies of which are available from the Town Hall and Library.